Cloud Operations Developer
Haystax Technology is seeking an experienced, capable, and motivated Cloud Operations Developer to join a growing agile product development team. To qualify for this role, you must be a US Citizen.
Haystax Technology is a fast-moving start up working on the cutting edge of threat analytics, providing solutions to government and commercial customers interested in finding a better way to calculate, prioritize, and address their most challenging vulnerabilities. From determining the likelihood that certain events are actually fraudulent attacks, to predicting and preventing insider threats by deploying behavioral analytics in a truly unique way, Haystax is out in front of the most damaging and complex human, organizational, and economic risks.
- As an instrumental part of the Constellation Cloud Operations team, you will be responsible for product availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- The team will rely on you to proactively set the KPIs for the health and availability of our service.
- You will work directly with the team in designing and architecting the cloud service with an eye for the operational efficiency and economic cost at scale.
- You will be instrumental in designing and improving our CI/CD system.
- You will help the team identify and fix performance bottlenecks in our massively scalable and high throughput services.
- To qualify for this role, you must be a US Citizen
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience as a software developer
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with configuration managmenet tools such as Make, Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- Expert level experience with Linux System Administration
- Experience building and operation SOA in a SaaS environment
- Experience building and modifying continuous integration and deployment environments using tools such as Cruise Control or Jenkins
- Experience with Monitoring tools
- Must be self-motivated and able to learn and adopt new technologies quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or similar field or equivalent
- Experience operating high throughput/highly available services in a SaaS environment
- Experience with modern programming languages, runtimes and technologies such as Python and Java
- Experience with functional languages such as Clojure or others
- Experience building and operating Micro Services and other scalable architectures
- Experience with Splunk, SIEM, and other log aggregation tools
- Experience with MongoDB, Apache Storm and Apache Spark
- Experience with Google Cloud and/or Azure
- Experience with web application development
Profile of a Haystax Employee:
At Haystax, we understand that not only are we looking for "great fit" candidates, but you are looking for the "right fit" company. As an experienced professional in your field, you are likely to have the option to be choosy. We understand that and even more importantly, respect it. That is why we strive everyday to make Haystax a place where our team wants to share their talents, refer their friends and grow their skills. So, what types of people think Haystax is the "right fit" for them? Here are a few words that describe our employees and our environment.
Embraces challenges. Fast paced. Self motivated. Self starter. Self sufficient. Continuous learner. Tech savvy. Creative problem solver. Fearless. Open to new ideas. Not afraid to get their hands dirty. Commitment to solving customer problems. Likes to work in the dev lounge. Collaborative. Committed. Customer friendly. Thrives in the deep end agile.